Monday, May 20, 2013

What to do with the kids on a rainy day!

It's always a challenge with the youngsters at home when your all stuck indoors on a rainy day. I had a challenge provided for me to find some ideas that were Disney inspired. Thanks to the Disneyjr.com, Pinterest and some other ideas this is what I came up with! I decided to host a little Jake and The Neverland Pirate party for my kiddos. What kid doesn't enjoy a good treasure hunt and some pirates booty; add some crafts to that and we had a good old time!
First off I went onto Disneyjr.com and found tons of free printable's and craft ideas that were Jake and The Neverland Pirates. So I printed out a couple of coloring pages as well as some Color and cut your own puppet craft. We spent some time coloring, cutting and gluing our projects and even got to act out a little play with our puppets.
 Then I bakes some sugar cookies; it just so happened that I have pirate themed cookie cutters. when the cookies were cooled I let the kids go at it and decorated their own. We had a pirate ship, sword and a ship wheel. I even found some treasure (skittles) that they could top them off with. 
When I was planning for the party, which really wasn't necessary, I picked up some jewel shape reusable ice cubes from the dollar section at Target and some pirate swords and patches form the party section. Like I said though these could have easily been made from construction paper.
Next was our treasure hunt. I hid some chocolate coins, I happened to have on hand, some small bags of pirate booty and the "jewels" around the house. I sketched out a quick map and the kids and I grabbed our pirate swords and began our hunt for treasure!
The kids got a kick out of our pirate day and had a great time. It was super easy and really fun! Disneyjr.com has tons of ideas and crafts to do. so next time your stuck in the house on a rainy day, don't just sit around the television,  get up and have some Disney fun!

Where to find great cookie cutters
Check out my video review

No comments:

Post a Comment